Pictures without thumbnails ?

Tell us what you think of the database, the forum, and what features you would like to see added!
LVCDC2

Pictures without thumbnails ?

Post by LVCDC2 »

As the database has some trouble to create new thumbnails, we have three ways :

1) waiting the bug would be fixed (no additions at all)
2) creating movie page without uploading the pictures (the way I followed today)
3) making new page with all the screenshots uploaded (grey pads in place of the thumb pictures)

Which one is the most suitable ?
Bthebest
Global Mod

Re: Pictures without thumbnails ?

Post by Bthebest »

I had noticed this and my suggestion is to continue creating pages as normal with the thumbnails not working. There appears to be no problem with the images, just the thumbnails. Continuing as normal means when it is fixed, all should return to full working order.

In terms of fixing the problem, I was going to give it a few days before informing our tech admin.
Tim - IMPDb Administrator
Aircraft 'Expert'
LVCDC2

Post by LVCDC2 »

Bthebest wrote: Continuing as normal means when it is fixed, all should return to full working order.
I hope so as uploading new version of a picture always fails with me :(
Bthebest
Global Mod

Post by Bthebest »

Yh, it's note a problem with the images, just the thumbnail rendering.
Aircraft 'Expert'
LVCDC2

Post by LVCDC2 »

Something new ?

The bug is still there, with various level of impact : some page could have their thumbnail, others only some ones and the last ones have no pictures.

I don't understand why, as some pictures displayed are not the smallest and lighter files uploaded !
Bthebest
Global Mod

Post by Bthebest »

I have reported to our tech admin. He thinks it might be something to do with the wiki version, looking into it now.
Aircraft 'Expert'
sixcyl

Post by sixcyl »

LVCDC2 wrote:As the database has some trouble to create new thumbnails, we have three ways :

1) waiting the bug would be fixed (no additions at all)
2) creating movie page without uploading the pictures (the way I followed today)
3) making new page with all the screenshots uploaded (grey pads in place of the thumb pictures)

Which one is the most suitable ?
Quite demotiving indeed! I choose option n°1
Kooshmeister

Post by Kooshmeister »

Just a heads up... now it's even affecting the images themselves for me:

LVCDC2

Post by LVCDC2 »

I think your pisture is right.
Just as you uploaded a big one (1,015 × 586 pixels), the page you saw displayed just a resized one at 800 × 462 pixels. And one more time, it fails !

It's very disappointing and demotivating as once on the movie page, you can ONLY see the pictures if you search through the uploading log the file ... if it isn't over this 800 × 462 size. Otherwise, once on the page of the picture file, we must besides clic on FULL RESOLUTION to make the picture visible.

This could be a short-term solution; but after nearly two weeks, it takes too much time and pages are more and more numerous (9 movie pages and nearly 80 pictures only by your servant).

I will stop uploading : there is no interest for the numerous visitors.
And this wiki is built to expose (not to hide !) the planes of the movies we are listening.
Corkeyandpals

Post by Corkeyandpals »

Any updates on when this might be fixed?