mislabelled plane in movies

Tell us what you think of the database, the forum, and what features you would like to see added!
SKN2107

mislabelled plane in movies

Post by SKN2107 »

hello everyone, I'm new to this, so please be indulgent!! i couldn't find any topics for this particular matter, so here i am.Anyhow, i been using this database for quite a while, and i use it almost anytime i watch a movie with planes in it, just to confirm my thoughts :lol: .

So last i was watching WORLD WAR Z, and for those who seen it, at that moment when Brad Pitt is trying to escape Jerusalem and runs up to that plane on the runway, impdb labelled it as a B767 :o , when it is actually an A310-300. I've joined a "real" pic of the plane and 2 screenshots from the movie (on which you can clearly see the Airbus A310-300 label), so you guys can see it for yourself.

Anyways, i didn't found how to change the database either :? . Let me know how to, and/or back me up on this! i really like this site, and i want it to be as accurate as possible, for all of us movie fan and plane lovers!!
thank you for yours answers! :D
Attachments
real A310-300 Pakistan International Airlines livery
real A310-300 Pakistan International Airlines livery
6451807903_584e766762_z.jpg (137.11 KiB) Viewed 10165 times
screenshot 2 from World War Z
screenshot 2 from World War Z
WWZ A310-300 3.jpg (104.76 KiB) Viewed 10165 times
screenshot 1 from World War Z
screenshot 1 from World War Z
WWZ A310-300 1.jpg (97.01 KiB) Viewed 10165 times
Bthebest
Global Mod

Re: mislabelled plane in movies

Post by Bthebest »

Hi and welcome,

Thanks for the information. I have updated the page for you, if you want to see how the changes were made, you can go to the 'History' tab and compare the last two edits.

Any more questions, ask away!
Tim - IMPDb Administrator
Aircraft 'Expert'
SKN2107

Post by SKN2107 »

thanks!! all good for now ;)
LVCDC2

Post by LVCDC2 »

Thanks SKN2107 !

There are two ways to feed :D the database :
* with the screenshots done during a screening.
* adding data found on open sources (trailers for example).

Of course, the second one is the easier/quickest way but the riskiest too : you don't know the movie and you probably miss some aviation action.
It's too usually the best way to complicate the identification : you have only one or two second (or picture) to guess the type and subtype of the aircraft, which user and -the most difficult- the registration.

Even if you use the first way, the redactor could be just a viewer, not an expert... or missing information.
So thanks again to provide such pictures and information.

Well the production has skined the Airbus with a fictional airline company, but we can see the registration (TEX).
It's a former TAP airliner, CS-TEX, built in 1990.
LVCDC2

Post by LVCDC2 »

Another contributor (Mib) found this picture about one of the helicopters :

Aerospatiale SA-365C-3 Dauphin II, registration 3A-MJP (c/n 5015) of Heli Air Monaco (fictional israeli colors worn on july 2011).
LVCDC2

Post by LVCDC2 »

Another findings by Mib :

An inflight picture of 3A-MJP.

And some informations about the Antonov 12.

Thanks Mib !