Hi All

Tell us a little about yourself and how you found our site.
Madmatt

Hi All

Post by Madmatt »

Hi all, I often find myself googling an aircraft reg if I see it on a program/film to see if the aircraft is still flying, or find the history of that airframe.
I have searched this site for the registration of a particular aircraft shown in the film but cannot find this data. Is this info available, or is it just showing us the types.?

For instance, an easy one. Airplane! , classic film, but the 707 used in the shots(some are of real airframes), what reg did they use, and where is that airframe now?

Regards

Matt
Bthebest
Global Mod

Re: Hi All

Post by Bthebest »

Welcome!

The general rule is, put as much information as you can, but this mostly relies on what the person posting can see in the footage and extract from the internet. Some are easier than others.

In some cases, someone may be able to get hold of insider info, or may have found something online.

In short, what is known is posted.
Tim - IMPDb Administrator
Aircraft 'Expert'
LVCDC2

Re: Hi All

Post by LVCDC2 »

Hello Matt.

If you are not afraid by the french language, this website http://www.aeromovies.fr/index.php?lng=en is full of movies dedicated to aviation world.
Despite an 'english' button, few pages are translated but each page is split between :
general data (movie poster, actors and director, ..),
"Notre avis" (our advice) in which the main contributor (Christian Santoir) summarize the movie and precise how much it is real or fictionnal
Les avions du film (planes of the movie) which gives lots of information (types, often the registration, if possible the history and fate of the most significant airplanes).

This last part should be understable even from a non french speaker through an online translator.

P.S.
Take care that movies are given with their french title, sometimes far away from the translation of the original meaning ! An handfull titles are original if the movie was never broadcasted in France.