Spitfire stuff

Place any screenshots which didn't make the cut on the database here.
DazDaMan

Spitfire stuff

Post by DazDaMan »

I've a few additions to make to the list of films/TV series that Spitfires have appeared in.

Films:
Dangerous Moonlight
A 1941 romantic film where a Polish pilot escapes to America, only to join an RAF squadron later on. In an early scene, the Spitfire portrays some kind of spurious Polish fighter, while later on it is seen back in RAF markings on the ground. Stock footage is used for the majority of the dogfighting scenes.

A Yank in the RAF
A cocky American pilot joins an RAF bomber squadron, only to later shot down, evade capture, before finally joining a Spitfire squadron for the Dunkirk evacuation. Plenty footage of Hudsons, Harvards, Messerschmitt 109s and Spitfires.

TV series:
Piece of Cake
Based on the best-selling book of the same name, the TV series features Spitfires (rather than Hurricanes due to their availability at the time), Heinkel 111s, Hispano Buchons (acting as Bf109s) and a Ju52 for one scene. There's also a shot of a Tiger Moth near the beginning of the series.

A Perfect Hero
A cocky young RAF pilot is shot down during the Battle of Britain, suffering terrible injuries as a result. Over time, he is nursed back to health and tries to regain his wings. Features Spitfires and a solitary Buchon in flying scenes that were sadly a little too short!
LVCDC2

Re: Spitfire stuff

Post by LVCDC2 »

Hi DazDaMan !

Welcome on board !

Thanks for your proposal but A Yank in the R.A.F. is already online (http://impdb.org/index.php?title=A_Yank_in_the_R.A.F.).

Others still waiting your contribution.
Do you need some help ?

You just need to be registered (on IMPDB itslef, not just on the forum) then type the title you want to create in the search field and press GO. If the page already exists, it appears (and you could check if it's complete or not).

Piece of Cake would be very appreciated as SERINAM suggested it a year ago.

Or you can post you screenshots here and I will built the page and put a credit to you.
DazDaMan

Re: Spitfire stuff

Post by DazDaMan »

Thanks for that. I'll certainly try to put some more information on.