Hi and such!

Tell us a little about yourself and how you found our site.
Kooshmeister

Hi and such!

Post by Kooshmeister »

My real name is Bill, but I go by Kooshmeister or Koosh online. Just as Sheena gave me my love of Land Rovers, it also gave me my interest in helicopters, particularly the Bell JetRanger. Ever since then I've taken a keen interest in rotary-wing aircraft. The sound they make, the way they hover, swoop, fly sideways, etc. I write, and in my stories and scripts I always try and work in an excuse for someone (especially the villains) to use a helicopter.

I became interested in this site because I wanted to submit screenshots of helicopters I'd amassed over time, particularly the JetRangers in Sheena and Darkman, the TwinStar from If Looks Could Kill (my avatar is the villain Steranko's scorpion emblem which appears on the side of the TwinStar) and the Gazelle from The Gauntlet. And everything from Blue Thunder. It then occurred to me that I could submit stuff besides just the helicopters, and now I try my best to submit pictures of anything with a propeller, rotor or turbine engine.

I have thus far found this site to be very inviting and courteous. The Firearm Database, while just as fun to submit screenshots to, tends to be a little harsh when I can't immediately identify the guns I submit pictures of. On there I've been told, more than once, that I should know what a gun is before I submit a picture of it. It's made me feel alienated. Here, however, I was told that if I can't identify the plane or helicopter I am submitting it's no big deal; all I need do, I was told, is supply the screenshot(s) and someone more knowledgeable will pick it up from there. Very friendly and inviting. I like it here.

I'm running out of DVD's to submit screenshots from, which means my contributions may slow down, but rest assured, I do intend to be at least a semi-regular contributor. If I see a plane or helicopter in a movie and nobody has submitted it yet, and I have the means to screencap it, I will do so. :)
tleeg
Site Admin

Re: Hi and such!

Post by tleeg »

Awesome to have you Koosh and excellent intro! Thanks for the info. It's great to hear how different people got into this stuff. Pretty sure I already told you that running out of DVDs is not a good excuse because I can just send more your way. :mrgreen: Just have to give me your address is all.

I am glad to hear you like it here. I am sure FDb guys are great, but I too noticed the same thing about their harshness. I was hoping that if we can be more welcoming we can be more successful. Plus, it only makes sense to me and that is just how I am. It's a group effort right.

Hope to see more posts from you.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Welcome Koosh! Your avatar is killer! I too hope you don't run out of DVDs. I have enjoyed seeing your pages and edits on the wiki.
Inactive IMPDb admin Image
Bthebest
Global Mod

Post by Bthebest »

Welcome and great work so far! Anything you do can to help on the site is appreciated :)
Tim - IMPDb Administrator
Aircraft 'Expert'