Images from IMCDb

Post them here if you're too shy for the wiki.
ford_guy

Images from IMCDb

Post by ford_guy »

Hello all. As tleeg has already noticed, I had trouble starting up my first page on the site :oops: I've never been good at wiki formatting and was wondering if I could post the links to my IMCDb pages where I have uploaded aircraft/helicopter pictures. At this moment I only have three pages so it's not much work, and I grant impdb permission to use my images. Aside from the fact that I am having trouble, my free time has been limited as of late so this is why I am asking for this. Here are my pages with the aircraft pictures at the bottom:

Edge of Darkness:
http://www.imcdb.org/movie_1226273-Edge ... kness.html

Con Air:
http://www.imcdb.org/movie.php?id=118880

This one might be good too:
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_291885-AM- ... -M-35.html

Law Abiding Citizen:
http://www.imcdb.org/movie.php?id=1197624

As you may have noticed, the first two movies are blu ray images so hopefully this will be better. If anybody has any questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you.
tleeg
Site Admin

Re: Images from IMCDb

Post by tleeg »

Thanks ford_guy! We appreciate those contributions.

So I see there's 2 helicopter images on Edge of Darkness, about 7 plane shots on Con Air, and I see that Law Abiding Citizen states there's a Bell helicopter image. I don't see the Bell image though? Con Air on IMPDb has been completed, but if we can replace some of your better quality shots with what's already there, we definitely will. I assume these wouldn't necessarily be EVERY aircraft for each film though, right?

Awesome Blu-ray shots! Image I wish I had a way to screenshot in HD. They look so crisp and clean. That would be cool if we can continue to get more Blue-ray contributions for sure! I hope to get an HD capable computer soon.

I do realize that the wiki format may be a little more difficult versus what Antoine has setup over there. MediaWiki can still provide a very good, clean looking website though and it's not too difficult, especially once you play around on a wiki a bit. I would be very curious to know what seemed to be the problem. You are choosing a file from your computer that is a png, gif, jpg, or jpeg right? They are the only allowed file types.
tleeg
Site Admin

Post by tleeg »

:shock: WOW!!! I own a 40" 1080 LCD with a Sony Blu-ray player but still didn't realize the difference was this great. The top is from ford_guy, the lower is from our Con Air page.
Attachments
Fairchild in HD format.
Fairchild in HD format.
Fairchild C-123K Provider_BR.jpg (63.83 KiB) Viewed 5251 times
Fairchild in standard format.
Fairchild in standard format.
Fairchild C-123K Provider.jpg (65.68 KiB) Viewed 5251 times
ford_guy

Post by ford_guy »

Yes, I had seen the page for Con Air but figured that my Blu Ray images would have been a good addition. I do not have that Blu Ray source anymore so I cannot get you any additional shots. However, you're more than welcome to use any other shots from the page (I believe that's what you meant by seven, correct?)

As for Edge of Darkness and Law Abiding Citizen, those are the only aircraft in the movie so they are complete. In fact, I captured the helicopters from Edge of Darkness specifically with your site in mind. Before I only captured aircraft if they were important (as was the case with Con Air and LAC).

I suppose my problem is that I am simply not very experienced with the wiki system and it is very foreign to me. I will try to play around it a bit, but for now I'd appreciate any help you can give. I'm not the most computer savvy guy and it took me a while to even become an actual movie contributor on IMCDb.

By the way, the problem with the Bell helicopter is that imageshack fails at times with that sense. It will reappear soon enough. This is the reason why I switched hosting sites (Edge of Darkness was the first movie I did using imagebam).
tleeg
Site Admin

Post by tleeg »

ford_guy wrote:In fact, I captured the helicopters from Edge of Darkness specifically with your site in mind. Before I only captured aircraft if they were important (as was the case with Con Air and LAC).

I suppose my problem is that I am simply not very experienced with the wiki system and it is very foreign to me. I will try to play around it a bit, but for now I'd appreciate any help you can give. I'm not the most computer savvy guy and it took me a while to even become an actual movie contributor on IMCDb.

By the way, the problem with the Bell helicopter is that imageshack fails at times with that sense. It will reappear soon enough. This is the reason why I switched hosting sites (Edge of Darkness was the first movie I did using imagebam).
Thanks for thinking about us on that one.

I would be more than happy to help. Was there a specific reason that you were having problems? What was happening? I do see that you were successful with uploading this helicopter. Excellent shot by the way!
Bthebest
Global Mod

Post by Bthebest »

Just to say i am more than happy that people are replacing shots on IMPDb with higher quality ones. I realize sometimes the shots i upload can be quite poor, and i do at some point intend to obtain better ones.
Tim - IMPDb Administrator
Aircraft 'Expert'
tleeg
Site Admin

Post by tleeg »

Bthebest wrote:Just to say i am more than happy that people are replacing shots on IMPDb with higher quality ones. I realize sometimes the shots i upload can be quite poor, and i do at some point intend to obtain better ones.
No worries, I am sure not many people have a way to get high definition screenshots just yet.
ford_guy

Post by ford_guy »

I found it simple enough to create the actual page by already copying the pre-established template. The problems I had were with uploading the picture and then seeing how I should add it to the actual movie page. Also, I do not know where I'm supposed to get the movie poster image that goes to the right.
Bthebest
Global Mod

Post by Bthebest »

Following the instructions on the new users page for 'Uploading Pictures' shouldn't present any problems. Remember: when adding the image to the page - the 'name of file' is EVERYTHING after 'File:' on the image's upload page - or whatever you wrote in the 'Destination filename' box.

i have put the image you did upload into the page as an example

Hope this helps :)
Tim - IMPDb Administrator
Aircraft 'Expert'
ford_guy

Post by ford_guy »

I'll give it another go ahead when I have enough free time (and therefore patience to do so ;) ) . Thanks guys :)