British Airways Flight Training

See a plane, take a picture and share it with us.
Bthebest
Global Mod

British Airways Flight Training

Post by Bthebest »

I recently got an opportunity to tour the British Airways Flight Training facilities at Heathrow, including some simulator flying :)

747 Emergency Slide
Mock up 747 cabin
Control panel for cabin exercises
Mock up 747 cockpit
Not the most technologically advanced piece of kit
Overview of cabin training facilities
737 cabin mock up
Boeing 777 full motion flight simulator
Me!
The 777 simulator is known as a zero flight hour simulator - meaning you can complete your type rating training without even stepping foot in the actual aircraft!
Almost identical to the actual 777 cockpit.
Tim - IMPDb Administrator
Aircraft 'Expert'
tleeg
Site Admin

Re: British Airways Flight Training

Post by tleeg »

That is SO COOL Tim! Awesome you got to step behind the 777 and do some simulating. Did you do the same on the others too? Remind me, were you going to train to become a pilot or just checking stuff out like usual?

I was still hoping to see your last airshow photos that you promised to post up too. I know there were tons of shots making it hard to put a thread together, but you could at least post some of the best or some of your favorites... ;)
Bthebest
Global Mod

Post by Bthebest »

Only got to go in the 777, but it is the best, most modern one. This was a free tour so not bad at all!

I do want train to be a pilot, at least privately, but I need to check out a few things first before I look at it commercial.

I do intend to get my airshow ones up but there are SOOOOOO many of them and I really want to go and 'touch them up' properley. I might try and get a few up a bit later :)
Tim - IMPDb Administrator
Aircraft 'Expert'
tleeg
Site Admin

Post by tleeg »

Bthebest wrote:Only got to go in the 777, but it is the best, most modern one. This was a free tour so not bad at all!

I do want train to be a pilot, at least privately, but I need to check out a few things first before I look at it commercial.

I do intend to get my airshow ones up but there are SOOOOOO many of them and I really want to go and 'touch them up' properley. I might try and get a few up a bit later :)
Sweet!

When you get your license, you can come and pick me up and we can have annual meetings. :mrgreen:

I will look forward to your airshow thread...