Hi everyone!

Tell us a little about yourself and how you found our site.
Stingray

Hi everyone!

Post by Stingray »

Hello, I'm Travis (aka: Stingray), I've been interested in rotorcraft since I was 11-years-old. I run the world's largest helicopter archive Stingray's List of Rotorcraft, and the forum.

I'm also a big fan of movies. I'm currently writing 25 different screenplays (no joke!) and hope to see them become actual films, hopefully directed by myself.

I submitted my first contribution to the main site a few minutes ago, did I do okay?
http://www.impdb.org/index.php?title=Mi ... ection_One

Thanks for this site, Glad to be here. 8-)
Bthebest
Global Mod

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by Bthebest »

Sounds like things are very exciting for you at the moment!

You've obviously got the hand of using the site, and your first page is great.

I've made some minor errors (spacing is just me being pedantic), for categories, they are only linked if there is or should be a page for them. Likewise, there should only be a page if the aircraft appears in two or more productions. To check, either use the Aircraft List or search for it to see if a page is required.

Out of interest, where did you find out about the site?
Tim - IMPDb Administrator
Aircraft 'Expert'
Sandie

Post by Sandie »

Hi Stingray.

I'm trying to get some screenplays written too. Good luck.
Stingray

Post by Stingray »

Hi, thanks for explaining.

Well, it was my experience with Wikipedia some years ago that made using this site so easy for me. Of course Wiki then was a nightmare, so I quit. This site, however, I find FUN to use. I look forward to contributing more (hopefully I'll find another title to submit next weekend). ;)

I found this site completely by accident! One day I was fueled up to browse Google images for rare Mi-24 variants, and an image of the Hind-F from Air Force One popped up and lured me here. Being both a fan of movies AND aviation, this site is perfect for me. I also noticed some things missing and decided to help you out... and so here I am!
Bthebest
Global Mod

Post by Bthebest »

Thanks, that good to know the images show up in Google.

For missing things, whether it be whole movies or specific helicopter variants - knock yourself out! :P

Also, feel free to ask questions any time - either here on on the site.
Tim - IMPDb Administrator
Aircraft 'Expert'
Stingray

Post by Stingray »

Okay I will, and thanks for the warm welcomes.

I also have a forum if anyone is interested. I'll be sure to post a link to IMPDb there.
http://stingraysrotorforum.activeboard. ... 126840&p=1
tleeg
Site Admin

Post by tleeg »

Welcome Stingray! I am happy you have decided to join us both on the wiki and the forum! I really enjoy hearing about how everybody got into aviation and where they heard about the site and where they are from, etc. Like I said on your user talk page, I have found your site a good source of info and look forward to building a relationship between our two sites.

I am glad you have found our site fun to use. Hey, if you somehow have problems finding titles to submit to our site, just let me know. I will ship you all kinds of DVDs. :mrgreen:
rush
Site Admin

Post by rush »

WELCOME!
RUSH
co-founder/admin
Stingray

Post by Stingray »

Thanks, I'm happy to know you find it a good source. I will provide links to it for further info on the various aircraft that are mentioned here. Today I'll be doing some edits and fixes, but on the Weekends I'll get to submitting full pages. ;)