Talk:Airwolf (TV Series)
Welcome to IMPDb!
Upgrades are done and editing is back on!
Dedicated to identifying aircraft throughout Movies, Television, and Video Games!
Provided by Stronghold in IMCDb comments
I've given the series this page. Airwolf should be for the pilot movie (listed separately on IMDb). Series Four is also listed as a separate entity on IMDb and IMCDb. I will give that another page Airwolf (1987 TV Series) if that is okay.
To Get Us Started
Images from just one episode are posted on IMCDb. It is probably a must have contribution so have put these on to get us started. I'm thinking about getting the DVDs for this and the movie to fill out the gaps though I have a lot on in terms of other contributions for both here and IMCDb so it will take some time. Series Four is not on DVD in the UK but I have some pictures from stronghold to post on here. Sandie 14:53, 12 April 2011 (MDT)
Following filming it moved to Germany to start a new life as an air ambulance (registration D-HHSD). Sadly, it crashed in a thunderstorm in 1992. It's worth noting that the fourth series did not use the actual Airwolf and all flying and dogfighting shots were recycled from the earlier show.
Wiki page dedicated to the Airwolf copter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airwolf_%28helicopter%29
Sandie 14:53, 12 April 2011 (MDT)
The "(TV Series)" part
Does the page title actually need the (TV Series) part? The site is pretty inconsistent about whether or not a television show has (TV Series) as part of the page title. For instance, NCIS and MacGyver don't. - Kooshmeister
- There is a movie named Airwolf which acted as a pilot for the series. It's listed as a separate entity on IMDb so to follow that we would give it a page of it's own.Sandie 10:58, 21 April 2011 (MDT)
- As Sandie sort of mentioned, it has the (TV Series) bit because there is also a movie named 'Airwolf'. This way it prevents a problem should someone want to add Airwolf the film in the future. Bthebest - IMPDb Administrator 11:09, 21 April 2011 (MDT)
Series One Completed
All of the first series is now done. IMDb numbers the movie pilot as 1.01 as well as a separate movie so that is why there is no 1.01. I'm no specialist in military fighter jets so I'd assume there would need to be some splitting, mergeing and deleting of sections for which I apologise. Tomorrow I will add more to the Bell 222 and JetRanger Sections and some additional pictures to the forum. Sandie 19:44, 10 June 2011 (MDT)
- Fantastic Sandie, well done! You awesomeness just blows my mind sometimes! Thanks for the hard work. - Tobin Lee 23:41, 10 June 2011 (MDT)
That's all the episodes completed. I've posted a few additional images at the forum: http://www.impdb.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=359 Sandie 12:07, 8 January 2012 (MST)
Mooney M20, Cessna 182,Mooney M20K,Acro Sport II,Vought F4U Corsair,Douglas A-1H Skyraider,Aero Commander 500 & Piper PA-34 Seneca,North American P-51A Mustang,Beechcraft T-34 Mentor,Cessna 150,Cessna 310D,North American T-6 Texan,Cessna 180K Skywagon,Grumman G-1159 Gulfstream II.Sixcyl 02:30, 10 March 2012 (MST)
- Great Thanks to Smutny who completed recognition of the many aircrafts on Ep.3.07 Eagles under the section Various aircrafts. LVCDC 03:36, 17 October 2013 (MDT)
It is F-15E not F-15D. RenoRacer 06:50, 12 June 2012 (MDT)
This screenshot displays the bombs bay of a Martin B-26, not this of a B-52 (which does not have a catwalk if I remember well). Anyone to confirm ? LVCDC 27 october 2012
- Really B-26 bomb bay, not B-52. Changed. LVCDC 08:48, 26 April 2014 (MDT)
Douglas C-133 Cargomaster
Screenshot shows N136A?. Caption speaks of N136AB and N136AR. This second one is not among the registry lists (this code is dedicated to a Rockwell International Corp 695 (Aero Commander 680). LVCDC 08:48, 26 April 2014 (MDT)