Talk:Dangers dans le ciel
Welcome to IMPDb!
Dedicated to identifying aircraft throughout Movies, Television, and Video Games!
- 1 Thirty Years Ago
- 2 Is this Episode Online and (un)completed ?
- 3 Name
- 4 Bug
- 5 Resizing pics
- 6 Misidentification
- 7 Identification
- 8 Episode Veracity
- 9 Identifications
- 10 Future of this Project (Splitting)
Thirty Years Ago
On 1st September 1983, the drama of KE007. In memory of all the people victims of these fateful circumstances.
Further episodes will follow in the coming days but feel free to complete this wide TV aviation serie as I haven't all of them.
All the 109 episodes (at this date) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mayday_episodes
LVCDC 14:30, 2 September 2013 (MDT)
- The second upload will be about the other flight with a similar fate : Iran Air 655 (already 25 years !). LVCDC 11:55, 22 September 2013 (MDT)
Is this Episode Online and (un)completed ?
Please, remember that a TV serie is split by seasons but not by episodes (look at TV Series section in : http://www.impdb.org/index.php?title=Help:Contents#Formatting ).
Inside each season, the aircraft types are given once but inside each of them, you can list the different episodes in which the viewer will find them.
The following list is built from the data found on wikipedia on September 2013 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mayday_episodes ) which could be different from your country's broadcasting or the DVD edition. [May 2015 update : the order of the list has been changed on the Wikipedia master reference page].
The Status Column gives how to consider each episode :
- Empty : for episodes not yet online;
- C : indicates an episode coming soon;
- O : for those uncompleted (please, try to list what is missing on the right column):
- OK : if all is right.
Please, do not change the order even if it's different from an other list (even from a DVD edition) ! Many thanks for your help and contributions.
|1||1||Unlocking Disaster||United Airlines Flight 811|
|1||2||Racing the Storm||American Airlines Flight 1420|
|1||3||Fire in the Sky||Swissair flight 111|
|1||4||Flying Blind||AeroPeru flight 603|
|1||5||Cutting Corners||Alaska Airlines flight 261|
|1||6||Flying on Empty||Air Transat flight 236||OK||by LVCDC|
|2||1||Blow Out||British Airways Flight 5390|
|2||2||A Wounded Bird||Atlantic Southeast Airlines Flight 529|
|2||3||The Killing Machine||hijacking of Air France Flight 8969|
|2||4||Deadly Crossroads||Bashkirian Airlines Flight 2937 collided with DHL Flight 611|
|2||5||Lost||American Airlines Flight 965|
|2||6||Missing Over New York||Avianca Flight 52|
|3||1||Mistaken Identity||Iran Air Flight 655||OK||by LVCDC|
|3||2||dedicated to a sea drama|
|3||3||dedicated to a railroad drama|
|3||4||Out of Control||Japan Airlines Flight 123|
|3||5||Attack Over Baghdad||DHL Airbus A300 reg. OO-DLL|
|3||6||Ocean Landing||Ethiopian Airlines Flight 961|
|3||7||Kid in the Cockpit||Aeroflot Flight 593||OK||by LVCDC|
|3||8||Death and Denial||EgyptAir Flight 990|
|3||9||Fight for Your Life||FedEx Flight 705|
|3||10||Helicopter Down||Bristow Flight 56C||OK||by LVCDC|
|3||11||Hanging by a Thread||Aloha Airlines Flight 243||OK||by LVCDC|
|3||12||dedicated to a railroad drama|
|3||13||Bomb on Board||Philippine Airlines Flight 434||C||by LVCDC|
|4||1||Desperate Escape||Air France Flight 358|
|4||2||Falling from the Sky||British Airways Flight 9|
|4||3||Fire Fight||Air Canada Flight 797|
|4||4||Final Approach||Korean Air Flight 801|
|4||5||Hidden Danger||three incidents with the rudders of the Boeing 737|
|4||6||Panic over the Pacific||China Airlines Flight 006|
|4||7||Vertigo||Flash Airlines Flight 604|
|4||8||Ghost Plane||Helios Airways Flight 522|
|4||9||Out of Sight||1986 Cerritos mid-air collision|
|4||10||Fog of War||USAF CT-43 crashed in Crotia (1996)|
|5||1||Behind Closed Doors||American Airlines Flight 96 and Turkish Airlines Flight 981|
|5||2||Gimli Glider||The Gimli Glider||OK||By Corkeyandpals|
|5||3||Invisible Killer||Delta Air Lines Flight 191|
|5||4||Fanning the Flames||South African Airways Flight 295|
|5||5||Dead Weight||Air Midwest Flight 5481|
|5||6||Southern Storm||Southern Airways Flight 242||OK||by LVCDC|
|5||7||Air India: Explosive Evidence||Air India Flight 182||OK||by LVCDC|
|5||8||Mixed Signals||Birgenair Flight 301||OK||by LVCDC|
|5||9||Fatal Distraction||Eastern Air Lines Flight 401|
|5||10||Phantom Strike||Gol Transportes Aéreos Flight 1907||OK||by Corkeyandpals|
|6||1||Ripped Apart||Flights 781, 201, 243, 5390, 811 and 522|
|6||2||Fatal Flaw||Flights 261, 123, 529, 111, 585, 427 and 517|
|6||3||Who's Flying the Plane?||Flights 603, 006, 593, 604 and 236|
|7||1||Scratching the Surface||China Airlines Flight 611|
|7||2||Lockerbie Disaster||Pan Am Flight 103|
|7||3||Blown Apart||Partnair Flight 394|
|7||4||Operation Babylift||Tan Son Nhut C-5 accident||OK||by LVCDC|
|7||5||Crash Course||1996 Charkhi Dadri mid-air collision|
|7||6||Flight 574: Lost||Adam Air Flight 574|
|7||7||Frozen in Flight||American Eagle Flight 4184||OK||by LVCDC|
|7||8||Falling Fast||Tuninter Flight 1153||OK||by LVCDC|
|8||1||System Breakdown||Several crashes to study the evolution of air traffic control.||C||by Corkeyandpals|
|8||2||Cruel Skies||Flights 242, 191, 1420 and 9||C||by Corkeyandpals|
|9||1||Panic on the Runway||British Airtours Flight 28M||C||by Corkeyandpals|
|9||2||Alarming Silence||Northwest Airlines Flight 255||C||by LVCDC|
|9||3||Pilot vs. Plane||Air France Flight 296||Ok||by LVCDC|
|9||4||Cleared for Disaster||USAir Flight 1493/Skywest Airlines Flight 5569||C||by LVCDC|
|9||5||Target is Destroyed||Korean Air Lines Flight 007||O||missing Mig 21|
|9||6||Cold Case||Air Ontario Flight 1363 and USAir Flight 405||C||by LVCDC|
|9||7||The Final Blow||Air Inter Flight 148|
|9||8||Cracks in the System||Chalk's Ocean Airways Flight 101||OK||by LVCDC|
|10||1||Cockpit Failure||Crossair Flight 3597|
|10||2||The Heathrow Enigma||British Airways Flight 38|
|10||3||Pilot Betrayed||Scandinavian Airlines Flight 751||OK||by LVCDC|
|10||4||Dead Tired||Colgan Air Flight 3407|
|10||5||Hudson River Runway||US Airways Flight 1549|
|10||6||Who's In Control?||Turkish Airlines Flight 1951||OK||by LVCDC|
|11||1||Deadly Reputation||TAM Airlines Flight 3054||C||by Corkeyandpals|
|11||2||The Plane That Flew Too High||West Caribbean Airways Flight 708|
|11||3||Split Decision||Arrow Air Flight 1285|
|11||4||Breakup Over Texas||Continental Express Flight 2574|
|11||5||Munich Air Disaster||The Munich Air Disaster|
|11||6||Turning Point||Northwest Airlines Flight 85||OK||by LVCDC|
|11||7||Bad Attitude||Korean Air Cargo Flight 8509||OK||by LVCDC|
|11||8||Blind Spot||Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 182|
|11||9||Under Pressure||Nigeria Airways Flight 2120||C||by LVCDC|
|11||10||I'm The Problem||Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 1771||OK||by LVCDC|
|11||11||Nowhere to Land||TACA Flight 110|
|11||12||The Invisible Plane||The Linate Airport Disaster|
|11||13||Impossible Landing||United Airlines Flight 232||C||by LVCDC|
|12||1||Fight for Control||Reeve Aleutian Airways Flight 8||C||by LVCDC|
|12||2||Fire in the Hold||ValuJet Flight 592|
|12||3||Caution to the Wind||Singapore Airlines Flight 006|
|12||4||Pushed to the Limit||SilkAir Flight 185|
|12||5||Blind Landing||TANS Perú Flight 204||OK||by LVCDC|
|12||6||Grand Canyon Disaster||1956 Grand Canyon mid-air collision||OK||by LVCDC|
|12||7||Catastrophe at O'Hare||American Airlines Flight 191|
|12||8||Focused on Failure||United Airlines Flight 173||OK||by LVCDC|
|12||9||Lokomotiv Hockey Team Disaster||2011 Lokomotiv Yaroslavl air disaster||OK||by LVCDC|
|12||10||Death of the President||2010 Polish Air Force Tu-154 crash||OK||by LVCDC|
|12||11||Heading to Disaster||Ethiopian Airlines Flight 409|
|12||12||28 Seconds to Survive||Santa Bárbara Airlines Flight 518|
|12||13||Air France 447: Vanished||Air France Flight 447|
|13||1||Fight to the Death||British European Airways Flight 548||OK||by LVCDC|
|13||2||Speed Trap||Hughes Airwest Flight 706||OK||by LVCDC|
|13||3||Lost in Translation||Crossair Flight 498||OK||by LVCDC|
|13||4||Disaster on the Potomac||Air Florida Flight 90|
|13||5||Queens Catastrophe||American Airlines Flight 587|
|13||6||Into the Eye of the Storm||NOAA42 Hurricane Hunter Incident|
|13||7||Massacre over the Mediterranean||Itavia Flight 870|
|13||8||Imperfect Pitch||XL Airways Germany Flight 888T|
|13||9||Terror in Paradise||Air Moorea Flight 1121|
|13||10||Titanic in the Sky||Qantas Flight 32|
|13||11||Getting out Alive||Special Compilation Episode|
Season 14 to 18
Should this be renamed "Mayday", as it's the original name of the series and it seems to be policy on the rest of the site that movies and shows should be titled by their original name? Corkeyandpals 22:24, 17 September 2013 (MDT)
- Interesting problem ! The serie is canadian and seems baptised with the both names, sold with the one that suits the best depending the nationality of the customer broadcasting network. If you search 'Mayday', the page will be returned as the title is given at the line 'also known as'.
- I've mostly worked from the french langage variant which could be slighty different from the british langage one (I'm not sure Gérard Feltzer -despite fully bilingual as a former pilot instructor on Boeings and Airbuses- would appear in the english world). This problem of rework movies/TV series should have a debate on the forum as I've already uploaded pages which refers to such cases : how to consider them ?
- Even a movie could have several issues as noted by Puterboy for Lord of the Flies (1963), for example. LVCDC 11:17, 19 September 2013 (MDT)
- Maybe we should make a redirect for "Mayday" then? Corkeyandpals 21:38, 19 September 2013 (MDT)
- Why not ? But I think we really need a debate on the forum about such question : how to consider variants from countries (or times) regarding the original work ? LVCDC 02:21, 20 September 2013 (MDT)
Any info when we shall recover thumbnails? Sixcyl 14:02, 19 September 2013 (MDT)
- I'm not the Administrator ! I think the first problem are the spammers. The thumbnails could be overrun by uploading pictures of the size usually display on the pages : 500 pixel wide. LVCDC 02:24, 20 September 2013 (MDT)
I know you're not admin. But the bug seems still not fixed. Have you got any info? I don't see any on the forum neither.Sixcyl 13:22, 20 September 2013 (MDT)
- You're right but I think the forum is the crossroad to express our distress ! Writing this from page to page is like throwing a pebble in the sea ! I will add to the subject on the forum, the list of the movies suffering from this bug (ten by myself) without forgotten the "Frequently Seen Aircraft" page ! LVCDC 09:39, 23 September 2013 (MDT)
I know, that kind of chat should be better on the forum, But each time I post a comment on the forum, it takes "ages" for it to be displayed on !!Sixcyl 14:29, 23 September 2013 (MDT)
- I just hope it will take less time than the unsafe state of last year ... LVCDC 05:27, 24 September 2013 (MDT)
Could you resize your pictures please.Sixcyl 15:21, 30 November 2013 (MST)
- I could but I don't want. As you have probably noticed, I do post no more big sized screenshots (and so I've postponed several uploading). I'm focusing on pages with smaller screenshots. No time for a such rework (which need in the future another uploaded for big sized screenshots [in order to help the smallest details to be visible]). I think the problem is on the side of the wiki, not ours.
- Well, if you post a movie with a plane of a new category and already seen elsewhere, this means you need to uploaded 3 times (200 px, 350 px and 500 px) instead a single one with automatic resizing. It's enough for me. Sorry ! LVCDC 18:25, 30 November 2013 (MST)
- Excuse me to be so rude but each page is really a hard work for me as I never post pictures taken elsewhere. I always fully watched the film (and so I could write a synopsis) and it takes me hours. As I'm working on a big project (nearly 50 hours of watching, hundreds planes ... which makes me hours to code it correctly and probably tenths of new aircraft categories in sight). So posting a second time pictures which will need a third action in the coming weeks/months ... no thank you ! LVCDC 19:05, 30 November 2013 (MST)
- Well, would you mind if I resized them? It shouldn't be too difficult, and as soon as the problem is fixed, you can revert the changes if you want. Corkeyandpals 20:00, 30 November 2013 (MST)
- It's kind from you. As the link is probably not working, you can hit the original picture through the search field with file:picture's-name. Thanks for your help ! LVCDC 23:31, 30 November 2013 (MST)
As Corkeyandpals, I agree to resized them too. But I can't register the files and work on them, except for the title screenshot which is reachable by the link enlarging picture. Have you got any other way to suggest for recovering your (big size) pictures?Sixcyl 02:57, 1 December 2013 (MST)
- Je confirme :prendre le code original de chaque image et y remplacer image par file (on s'arrête sur jpg en virant les crochets). Ce code mis dans SEARCH, faire GO et la page du fichier s'affiche en 800 pixels. Cliquer sur full resolution ... miracle ! Capito ? LVCDC 05:51, 1 December 2013 (MST)
C'est bien ce que je tentais et comme il le fallait!!!.... mais c'était juste le "full resolution" qui manquait dans la méthode! ... OK merci , on va te faire ça "au petits oignons" tu vas voir! Sixcyl 09:02, 1 December 2013 (MST)
- Thanks for the job ! Keep me movie's page number #2500 left for a very huge project. That's why I'm often here despite posting few since two weeks. LVCDC 10:46, 1 December 2013 (MST)
Ep. 5.02 Gimli Glider
Air Canada's Airbus A321-211 not A320.Sixcyl 01:59, 18 March 2014 (MDT)
Ep 3.07 Kid in the Cockpit
Aeroflot Boeing 767 not Airbus A310.
No Douglas matching.
Sixcyl 15:48, 27 March 2014 (MDT)
Pictures 1 to 7
Bad ratio (too flat pics), I replaced them.Sixcyl 05:24, 2 September 2014 (MDT)
- Please can you then put a comment on the discussion tab of each prime picture to help BtheBest to detect those ready to be deleted (in order to save space on the DataBase). This will allow him to sort the unused pictures and those need elsewhere (on the forum for example). LVCDC 10:27, 2 September 2014 (MDT)
Italic character can be reached with:
< i > text< / i > like Italic.
text like Italic.
not "Italic ".
Thanks to check. Sixcyl 07:13, 9 November 2014 (MST)
Ep 1.06 Flying on Empty
The white aircraft seen from underneath is an Airbus A320. Unidentified airline.
The Sikorsky S-76 is a S-76A from Ontario Ministry of Health.
Sixcyl 12:43, 6 October 2014 (MDT)
Ep 3.07 Kid in the Cockpit
Airplane manufacturer area is from Fokker, with three Fokker 100 on the assembly line.
Sixcyl 13:02, 6 October 2014 (MDT)
Ep 5.07 Air India: Explosive Evidence
2nd picture is a Boeing 767, not an Airbus. 3rd is an Airbus A300.Sixcyl 03:33, 9 November 2014 (MST)
Ep. 5.08 Mixed Signals
832 Series from Delta Air Lines. Same picture displayed in Ep. 7.07 Frozen in Flight. Sixcyl 03:37, 9 November 2014 (MST)
Ep. 12.6 Grand Canyon Disaster
No 749A in these TWA constellations, both are L-1049 with squared shape Windows.Sixcyl 07:02, 9 November 2014 (MST)
DC-6B of American Airlines. The Stratocruiser is from Northwest Airlines, a 377-10-30. The Viscount is a 757 series from TCA, former name à Air Canada.Sixcyl 07:05, 9 November 2014 (MST)
saison 12 - Ep 10 : Death of the President
I don't know precisely (and even sometimes not at all) most of each episode's subject. But about Ep. 10/S. 12, I was surprised by some omitted details as I was very interested by the crash in 2010 and have follow the official report.
Probably in order to keep the story easy for the common people, they don't say that the crash occured on the third trial approach. Most surprising, nothing is said about the other polish flight (PLF 031 flight, a Yak 40) which had landed minutes before and which had radioed directly to the presidential aircraft on the unfavorable weather conditions.
LVCDC 09:07, 12 December 2014 (MST)
Ep. 3.10 Helicopter Down
The picture shows a 737-200 Series, not a "modified" 737.Sixcyl 14:59, 19 January 2015 (MST)
Air France didn't use the 767 a long time. These planes came from UTA's subsidiary Aéromaritime fleet when the merge with Air France was done. The AF livery had non usual grey stripe on the fuselage, that we don't see here, and the Logo AIR FRANCE was sharper than on this one. Sixcyl 14:59, 19 January 2015 (MST)
- Thanks for your sharp eye ! It was just an hypothesis as I've worked with an old VHS copy of poor quality. I suppose airliners in the background could be identified, at least their company owners on a better screenshot ... LVCDC 10:06, 20 January 2015 (MST)
(Upload log); 17:15 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S9E3 A320 US-Airways.jpg"
(Upload log); 17:14 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S9E3 A320 chine.jpg"
(Upload log); 17:14 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S9E3 toy.jpg"
(Upload log); 17:13 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S9E3 A320.jpg"
(Upload log); 17:12 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S9E3 AF296.jpg"
(Upload log); 17:12 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S9E3 Deperdussin.jpg"
(Upload log); 17:11 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S9E3 AD-4.jpg"
(Upload log); 17:07 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S9E3 B737.jpg"
(Upload log); 17:06 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S9E3 B767.jpg"
(Upload log); 17:06 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S9E3 A310.jpg"
(Upload log); 17:06 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S9E3 A300.jpg"
(Upload log); 17:04 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S9E3 A-4b.jpg"
(Upload log); 17:04 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S9E3 A-4.jpg"
(Upload log); 17:03 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S9E3 Piper.jpg"
(Upload log); 17:03 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S9E3 Bo-105.jpg"
I guess all these new pics will be soon included in the page, section 9?? Sixcyl 00:20, 12 May 2015 (MDT)
- Done ! I have had an urgency ... But I'm sure you will be happy to give more details on the last Airbuses A320. And the "American Toy" has over the top wing a registration starting with N... LVCDC 05:40, 12 May 2015 (MDT)
- The tail seen under the Bo 105 is not a Boeing 747 but this of the unfortunate A320 F-GHKC. Thanks for details about others A320s of this episode. LVCDC 17:55, 14 May 2015 (MDT)
Oh Yes I made a confusion! I found indeed the tree to much very close to this fin! ...Sixcyl 01:50, 15 May 2015 (MDT)
Pictures seen on S11E7
Three pictures are seen on the wall behind the investigator. They are drawings used during the sixties as boxart on these Renwal model kits :
LVCDC 17:55, 14 May 2015 (MDT)
Nice find !
(BTW , I love these old modelkit boxes). Sixcyl 01:51, 15 May 2015 (MDT)
Where are these pictures?
(Upload log); 18:20 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S11E7 CIMG7569.jpg"
(Upload log); 18:19 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S11E7 CIMG7578.jpg"
(Upload log); 18:17 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S11E7 CIMG7571.jpg"
(Upload log); 18:17 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S11E7 CIMG7579.jpg"
(Upload log); 18:17 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S11E7 CIMG7570.jpg"
(Upload log); 18:16 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S11E7 CIMG7568.jpg"
(Upload log); 18:16 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S11E7 CIMG7567.jpg"
(Upload log); 18:16 . . LVCDC (Talk | contribs) uploaded "File:DDLC-S11E7 CIMG7566.jpg"
I don't see them in the page yet.Sixcyl 01:50, 15 May 2015 (MDT)
- Relax ! As you probably noticed, since end of March, I'm very busy and work for IMPDB only few minutes a day, instead several hours before. This mean that I need two or three sessions to put online a full work. I know that Dver, otkrytaya v nebo is still "on the workbench" (I need attention to identify the several Tu-144 before uploading them) but usually when I started something, I put an end before starting a new project. Of course, Wings of Russia is a big exception if we consider how rich it is ! LVCDC 05:18, 15 May 2015 (MDT)
- At least, Ep. 11.07 is completed. Some captions will be probably upgraded (customer's variant name of 747 for example). LVCDC 08:14, 15 May 2015 (MDT)
I've changed DHC-7 into DHC-8 as we guess a twin engine, not a four engine aircraft in the background. Even in full size, I'm afraid it's risky to choose between some operators of the type... LVCDC 06:55, 19 May 2015 (MDT)
If we have a policy of naming pages with the original title of the production, shouldn't this be renamed to Mayday? It was originally produced and aired in Canada with this title. Corkeyandpals 16:16, 13 June 2015 (MDT)
Future of this Project (Splitting)
- I've already tested out splitting this page up on the backup site (https://impdb.wikia.com/wiki/Mayday), we could probably copy over those pages and save ourselves a lot of work if you're okay with the format. Corkeyandpals (talk) 01:19, 26 October 2018 (MDT)