Talk:Poèma o kryl’jah
Welcome to IMPDb!
Upgrades are done and editing is back on!
Dedicated to identifying aircraft throughout Movies, Television, and Video Games!
From The Internet Movie Plane Database
With a single replica, the director tried to represent several airplanes.
- first the S-21 Russky Vityaz
- then the S-22 Ilya Muromets
- with less two engines, the replica is now acting as a raid aircraft (or passenger transport ? -we guess "Paris" on the sides-); which one ?
- what is this scene with a painter and this pin-up ?
- now painted in black, it's still the same replica now acting as the S-29A seen in Hell's Angels, itself acting as a German giant bomber !
Please note that a handful of Ilya Muromets served for mail and passenger transport in 1921/1922 but only between Moscow and Kharkov.
LVCDC 13:58, 20 November 2014 (MST)
- Now I've seen the movie and despite I don't understand Russian language, the different scenes with the S-22 replica are more explicit. Only the Pin-up and the painter are still unclear. Perhaps a Russian reader could explain it ?
- A lot of screenshots added (mainly archive pictures and models). LVCDC 08:45, 28 November 2014 (MST)
- First of all, thanks for adding this movie.
- Scene with painter is about Richard Stone buying plane for crash in Hell Angels. Girl using for stocking's advertisment.
- Is very interesting how movie try represent Sikorsky's life as less successfull than Tupolev while not showed years that Tupolev spent working in Prison-Bureau in Stalin times. 3loader 5 June 2015
- Thanks very much for these informations. LVCDC 15:03, 6 June 2015 (MDT)