The Lost Missile
Welcome to IMPDb!
Upgrades are done and editing is back on!
Dedicated to identifying aircraft throughout Movies, Television, and Video Games!
Robert Loggia (Dr. David Loring)
Ellen Parker (Joan Woods)
Philip Pine (Dr. Joe Freed)
Larry Kerr (General Barr)
- 1 Fictional Rocket
- 2 Mittlewerk EWM A4 Vergeltungswaffe V2
- 3 Lockheed RC-121C Warning Star
- 4 Northrop F-89C Scorpion
- 5 Lockheed F-94B Starfire
- 6 North American F-86D Sabre
- 7 Hawker Hunter
- 8 Canadair CL-13 Mk4
- 9 Avro Canada CF-100 Canuck
- 10 Republic F-84 Thunderjet
- 11 Boeing B-52D Stratofortress
- 12 Boeing KC-97 Stratotanker
- 13 Convair B-36 Peacemaker
- 14 Boeing B-47 Stratojet
- 15 Douglas DC-7
- 16 Bell OH-13 Sioux
- 17 Gloster Meteor F.8
- 18 Unidentified Aircraft
- 19 Douglas A3D-2 Skywarrior
- 20 Grumman F9F Cougar
- 21 Grumman F11F Tiger
- 22 Vought F8U-1 Crusader
- 23 North American F-86 Sabre
- 24 Lockheed F-94C Starfire
- 25 Republic F-84F-35-RE Thunderstreak
- 26 Northrop F-89D Scorpion
- 27 North American F-100C Super Sabre
- 28 Convair F-102 Delta Dagger
- 29 Douglas MIM-3 Nike Ajax
- 30 Northrop F-89H Scorpion
- 31 Unidentified Aircraft
- 32 Republic F-84 Thunderjet & Republic F-84F Thunderstreak
- 33 See also
United States proceeded to five dozens launches of V2 or copies between 1946 and 1952. Footage probably of one of them.
Fantastic explosion on a launch pad but not the well-known Nedelin catastrophe as it occured later the movie's release on October 24, 1960.
Fu-861 North American F-86D-40-NA Sabre 52-3861 from 85th Fighter Interceptor Squadron.
Possibly 16th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron, 51st Fighter-Interceptor Wing, US Air Force.
Given to be from the Royal Canadian Air Force ... which never operated the type !
Canadair CL-13 Mk4 of the Polemikí Aeroporía (Greek Air Force) ... instead from Canada as said by the narrator.
BB 127 of the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) seen during exercise 'Carte Blanche' (in June 1955).
Wildcats Squadron Badge on 438e Escadron (chasse) « Ville de Montréal » / 438 (Fighter) Squadron "City of Montreal" which used Canadair Sabre between October 1956 and November 1958.
Shot next the Hawker Hunter seen taxiing.
A very short footage between the Hawker Hunter and the RCAF Canadair Sabre action ...
Flight of four seen next the Boeing B-47 sequence.
U.S. AIR FORCE
AF SERIAL NO.56-677 A
A better screenshot could give us the s/n with more accuracy.
Aircraft in the background.
Seen on CVA-60 USS Saratoga with McDonnell F-3 Demon in the background.
Another McDonnell F-3 Demon just launched in the background.
Scramble in Korea for these US Air Force pilots.
FU-509, 67th Fighter-Bomber Squadron, USAF.
Lockheed F-94C-1-LO Starfire s/n 50-1041.
Lockheed F-94C-1-LO Starfire s/n 50-1042.
Lockheed F-94C-1-LO Starfire s/n 50-1029
Republic F-84F-35-RE Thunderstreak FS-031 s/n 52-7031 in front of s/n 52-7004, a Republic F-84F-55-RE Thunderstreak.
Northrop F-89H Scorpion firing Hughes AIM-4 Falcon missiles.
Perhaps Sparrow I's during tests on a Douglas F3D Skyknight in the early 1950s ?
Another use of test firing footage seen (inverted) in Fail Safe (1964).