The McConnell Story
Welcome to IMPDb!
Upgrades are done and editing is back on!
Dedicated to identifying aircraft throughout Movies, Television, and Video Games!
Alan Ladd (Joseph "Mac" McConnell, Jr.)
June Allyson (Pearl "Butch" Brown McConnell)
James Whitmore (Ty Whitman)
Frank Faylen (Sgt. Sykes)
A Korean War fighter pilot hero returns home to test fly the new Sabre jets despite his wife's uneasiness regarding his job.
- 1 Piper J-3C-65 Cub
- 2 Boeing-Stearman Model 75
- 3 Piper J-3C-65 Cub & Piper PA-11 Cub Special
- 4 Piper PA-11 Cub Special
- 5 Douglas C-47 Skytrain
- 6 Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
- 7 Messerschmitt Me 163
- 8 Piper PA-11 Cub Special & Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
- 9 North American P-51 Mustang & North American T-6 & Boeing-Stearman Model 75
- 10 Lockheed P-80 Shooting Star
- 11 North American F-100 Super Sabre & Douglas C-47 Skytrain
- 12 North American F-86F Sabre
- 13 Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw
- 14 Republic F-84F Thunderstreak
- 15 North American F-86H-1-NA Sabre
- 16 North American F-86 Sabre & Lockheed P-80 Shooting Star
- 17 See also
Registration N1423N, c/n 22949 built in 1947.
On the left, J-3C registration N3614K, c/n 22304 built in 1946. On the right, PA-11 registration N4904M, c/n 11-426 built in 1947.
Belly landing sequence.
H-19B USAF serial 51-3947, c/n 55-441.
Aircraft of the 614th Fighter-Bomber Squadron painted as Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15s.
Same aircraft in other movies at IMPDb: Frequently Seen Aircraft.
USAF serial 52-2038, c/n 187-64.
Two De Havilland Canada L-20A Beavers on the left.