V šest ráno na letišti
Welcome to IMPDb!
Upgrades are done and editing is back on!
Dedicated to identifying aircraft throughout Movies, Television, and Video Games!
Czech title: V šest ráno na letišti
Russian title: Удивительное воскресенье
English title: At 6 AM at the airport (Czech title) or Amazing Sunday (Russian title)
Tomáš Sedláček (Pepíček)
Vladimir Siluyanov (Misha)
Miroslav Homola ("saboteur"/illusionist)
Mark Bernes (Tu-104 captain)
A little Czech schoolboy Pepíček hides inside Soviet Tu-104 and, not being noticed by anyone, flies to Moscow, where 6th World Festival of Youth and Students is taking place.
A model hanging above Pepíček’s bed сlosely resembles Boeing B-17 bomber. The poster on the wall (right), although blurry, most likely shows one of de Havilland Comet versions. There are some other planes on the pictures, but they cannot be reliably identified due to picture quality.
Swissair’s HB-ILI (s/n 43097) at Prague airport.
Could as well be the same plane.
Tail of Il-12 in the left side. Multiple Il-12 and Il-14 seen in the background.
Il-14 on the final approach.
Il-14 of ČSA parked near Prague airport terminal.
Il-14 flies by the window.
Many Il-14 of ČSA behind Tu-104.
ČSA’s Li-2P registered OK-GAC (s/n 23442305) in the background, Prague airport. Another Li-2 seen behind.
Li-2P of Aeroflot taxiing in the background in Vnukovo.
In this movie, Tu-104 can be considered one of the main characters. Many views of Tu-104 are featured, showing taxiing, take-off, landing and flight. All Tu-104’s belonged to Vnukovo Squad at the time of filming.
Some interiors are also shown.
Although meant to pose as one plane, multiple Tu-104’s were filmed in different scenes. Among them, Tu-104A СССР-Л5437 (s/n 7350203), built in 1957, scrapped in 1978.
Tu-104A СССР-Л5439 (s/n 7350205), built 1957, scrapped 1978.
Tu-104A СССР-Л5440 (s/n 7350301), built 1957, scrapped around 1981.
All altitude scenes feature Tu-104 СССР-Л5413 (s/n 6350002), built in 1956. This particular Tu-104 was transfered to Gromov Flight Research Institute in 1973, where it was used for structural tests. Stored in Zaporizhzha in 1977, scrapped in 1998.