Welcome to IMPDb!
Upgrades are done and editing is back on!
Dedicated to identifying aircraft throughout Movies, Television, and Video Games!
Real, Fictional and Unidentified ... Planes
Some screenshots will be made in the coming days from trailers.
But of course, this could provide only a limited cast of the airframes seen throughout the movie !
Here is a first trial to list them :
- The racers (bib / name > type if possible)
- 00 ZED > Formula One
- 0 NED > Formula One
- 1 Yellow bird
- 3 Antonio > Dewoitine D520 ???
- 5 El Chupacabra > Gee Bee R
- 6 Ishani > fictionous inspired by Rutan 61 VariEz or Berkut 360, or a single engine Beechcraft Starship ? or a Kyushu J7W1 Shinden (6 blades instead 5) with winglets ?
- 7 Crophopper > Air Tractor AT-400 or AT-500 family
- 8 ? (biplane)
- 11 Bulldog > DH-88 Comet
- 13 Ripslinger > mixed of Precious Metal highly modified P-51 and NXT Racer ?
- 14 ?
- 15 ?
- 22 Rochelle > fictionous twin engine with a V tail
- 23 Tsubasa > Hawker Sea Fury
- ? Little King
- ? J??kowalski
- 72 Lightening McQueen > North American A-36 Apache (but with a Red Tail and Invasion Stripes !)
- Types easily identified (despite some strange specifications sometimes) :
- Airbus A380
- Airship Industries Skyship 500 (?) : Blimp sports commentator of RSN
- Beechcraft 76 Duchess (?)
- Bell 206
- Boeing 767 (despite a main landing gear with 6 wheels)
- Cessna (several among spectators)
- Grumman F9F Panther
- Grumman TBF / General Motors TBM Avenger
- Hawker Sea Fury
- Ling-Temco-Vought A-7 Corsair II
- McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II
- McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet
- Short 360
- Sikorsky SH-60
- Taylor aerocar (despite front is more this of a Beetle)
- Vought F4U Corsair (named : Skipper)
- Boeing 747 twin engined
- Boeing 747 with a rear cargo ramp to (un)load cars.
- Helo with wheeled landing gear (AS 350 Ecureuil / Squirrel ?)
- several biplanes (Boeing Stearman 75 ? Waco UPF ?)
- lots of Formula One Air Racing
- several general aviation low wing aircrafts among spectators
LVCDC 16:31, 24 October 2013 (MDT)
- Thanks ! Despite different exhausts, it's the nearrest shape, isn't it ? LVCDC 21:40, 26 October 2013 (MDT)
- By the way, in Germany, sie heisst Heidi and in Italia, she's Azzura; or Carolina for spanish and portuguese languages. What else elsewhere ? LVCDC 12:28, 9 November 2013 (MST)
Same story, different skins for several countries.
If Dusty Crophopper seems always the same, several planes have different suit. This could happened to some main aircrafts (Rochelle, Ishani) and for some others like the Boeing 767. LVCDC 12:28, 9 November 2013 (MST)
Nearly 30 aircrafts listed but I'm pretty sure that some are missing (in the far background of some shots); most of them are there, the most important actors even named. As expected, first section needs some corrections but I lack time to do it. LVCDC 12:14, 4 July 2014 (MDT)